Thursday, May 28, 2009

11 days and counting

My mother Dolly, had a massive stroke on May 17th, 2009. She is 71, very active, and smart as a whip.

She was in the neurology ICU for 7 days (starting Monday, May 18th), and has been in a shared room now for almost 4 days. Her nurses and doctors at Brigham and Women's have been wonderful. We truly could not have asked for better care. We are grateful for that.

Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday she will be moved into Spaulding rehab. I figured that since I was neglecting my blog during this time, I will start a blog about mom. It makes sense to me. Some pictures may include disturbing decor...so I'll leave you with a picture of my Mom at her 71st birthday...only about 8 months before her stroke.

\\

2 comments:

  1. Prayers and best wishes for your mom's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo. Dolly's a fighter and she's going to whip this thing!

    ReplyDelete