Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rainbow.

After this next operation for the pacemaker, I hope we only see progress towards recovery. It's so difficult to keep taking steps forward only to fall backward. I'm not sure how much more of this any of us can take. Dolly is mentally making such wonderful progress with her speech and understanding, although she is having trouble distinguishing between basic functions such as smiling versus sticking your tounge out or making kissy faces and breathing. It's been mostly the physical that has the set backs recently. She has been totally there, mindful of each step she is taking (not literally) and able to tell us stuff even we have trouble remembering. It seems that she has trouble with the very basic. Baby stuff. The adult stuff has been cake. She knows when she 'has to go' and she communicates very well what she needs. She read some words today from a list Kathy was writing of questions. She wanted to see it, and we asked her to read the list. She got a lot of the words right, even in poor quality penmanship of quick notes.

On my way home, I followed a rainbow. I don't normally make it a point to try to get a picture as I am driving, but I was safe...no worries.


It was much more beautiful in person, and it gave me a feeling of peacefulness. Tomorrow will be a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, Dolly and all the sisters...

    You guys are so strong, I'm inspired by reading all that you are going through, and handling with grace and strength.

    Know that even if I don't comment on every post, I'm reading faithfully and keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post, Nancy. The rainbow was beautiful. Funny how they do bring such peace.

    ReplyDelete